April 27, 2016. Hot Stuff
Posted by Natalie
UB Style: The Foodie
Is the kitchen where your heart is? From décor to dinner, the Foodie has an undeniable taste for the natural and the rustic. You select design just like your dishware: creativity is always on the table, and every detail is perfect to a tea.
Turn your Kitchen and Dining space into your personal sanctuary by selecting furniture with a natural wood finish. Neutral tones provide a clean backdrop for your creations and allow you to experiment with your style choices in cooking and dinnerware.
Fresh ideas for summer décor include bohemian patterns, rope textures, crisp white accents and ceramics. Finish off your look with spa-inspired accents: add faux green foliage or a white pillar candle in a rustic lantern.
1. The stunning Post & Rail Dining Table is hand crafted from reclaimed pine timbers and recycled metals. The light and rustic finish is the perfect canvas for your tablescape.
For an extended table: Chateau Ext Dining Table -Silvermoon
For coastal-inspired textures: Cape Cod Ext Dining Table -Driftwood
2. Show of your creations in style with these natural bohemian designs. Available in pretty patterns and several colours, the Aquinnah Dinnerware Collection is perfect for summertime entertaining.
More patterned dinnerware:
In Orange/Aqua: The Tisbury Collection
In Black/ Orange: The Chilmark Collection
3. The Bardot Dining Chair in Prisca Beige has timeless appeal. Finished with a tailored linen upholstery, this chair offers a comfortable seat for you and your guests.
For a classic wooden chair: Chateau Dining Chair -Silvermoon
For a two-toned look: Cape Cod Dining Chair -Driftwood
4. You can never go wrong with crisp white ceramics. Decorated with concentric diamonds, the Chivan Canister Collection dresses up your daily essentials.
Other recommendations for stylish kitchen storage:
This glass and iron-top spice set is perfect on a countertop: Olivia Spice Jar S/4
These glass canisters are perfect for bulk ingredients: Authentic Canister Collection
5. Don’t neglect your breakfast nook! The Yaletown Stool is the perfect expression of form and function. The combination of natural wood and metals add an industrial edge to a natural modern kitchen.
For a stool with a higher back: The Tulip Stool
For a classic design: The Amelia Stool
5. Put a twist on the traditional dining room by selecting a bench instead of chairs! The low height provides a cleaner look to your space and further emphasizes the stylish dinnerware and decor choices on your dining table.
6. Candles and lanterns are an easy way to elevate the atmosphere in your space. With its unique rope detailing and chunky rope handle, the Azul Lantern adds a rustic texture. We recommend placing on a decorative shelf or sideboard.
More options for lanterns:
A darker natural wood option: The Briar Lantern
Matte black metal with natural grassy cutouts: The Palm Desert Lantern
…And finally, here is a recipe for fresh summery burrito bowls to celebrate the season!
– 1 lbs chicken cutlets marinaded for a least an hour in a little lime juice, olive oil and salt and cooked in the skillet
– Corn, fresh or canned toasted in the skillet with smoked sea salt.
– 1 can black beans, warmed with cumin and chili powder
– 1 cup pumpkin seeds toasted in the oven with smoked sea salt and olive oil
– 3 cups cooked rice
– Fresh lettuce, chopped
– Avocado dip, we blended 3 avocados with 4 gloves of garlic, 1/4 cup greek yogurt and juice of two limes
– For garnishing – greek yogurt, corn chips, cilantro, red onion, tomato slices, and a variety of hot sauces and salsa.
To serve: Set all of the ingredients out along with a stack of bowls and let people mix and create as they desire!